RED QUEEN REVIEW

07:39

BY VICTORIA AVEYARD

The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.

To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.
Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of those she hates the most. 


She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.
But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?


Bio sourced from Goodreads.com 





Hello my lovely little sugar pots, I have finally attempted to summarise my thoughts on red queen while also not spoiling anything.  Wish me luck!

CHARACTERS:
So let’s talk mare; first off I loved her, she was such a good character. Instantly the way she was introduced with stealing and how she handles everything, maybe not in the best fashion which makes her feel ten times more human and real. She was flawed but put her family, friends and the entire population of the Reds before herself, and because of that she is very relatable as a character.

Cal: I am so weary about this character; even after I finished this book I am still unsure if I like him yet. I am going to wait until the next book to finalise my feelings to Cal. Maven on the other hand is *SPOILERS* but I did love him!

 The Queen = now I haven’t heard many people’s feelings towards this character but I loved her! I mean she was crazy and ridiculous but she was so interesting and was a 3D character that just was wonderful to read. Also Angelina Jolie or Kate Blanchett could both do the role amazingly!

Also may I just add that two women played the baddies, it makes me so happen when the bad guys are badgirls! It makes for such a more interesting story!




PLOT:
From the YA books I have read in the past, this is one of the most original book from my knowledge. It hasn’t been compared to The Hunger Games or Divergent (Thank god – pet peeve). Aveyard has done a fantastic job of creating this amazing world with this incredible plot.  The abilities were handled well, it wasn’t overdone and wasn’t the main focus of the book but they added an extra touch to the story which it needed. The use of splitting people into different social classes by their blood is such an interesting concept and I feel as if has bene done perfectly.  It does get a little political which I found to quite enjoy.
Also – a little bit of a of a love triangle you actually care about!

WRITING:

The writing was effortlessly flawless i.e. perfect!
It wasn’t necessarily an easy read but it flowed so well that you wanted to continue in this world and keep turning the pages, until you were finished! It was so immersive that you could practically see the river from her house and the ball room and imagine the use of abilities right there in front of you.

I also loved how Aveyard managed to seamlessly add bits of information or history lessons or flashbacks throughout the story but it wasn’t over done at all!  





Pretty much this book lives up to its hype and I would highly recommend this book to everybody! 

I rated this book:




Let me know what you think? yay? nay? no words just pure emotion?


Add me on goodreads
Find me on twitter &
Follow me on Instagram: chelsies_book_addiction 

Chelsie.x 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts